Iron Mountain Product Management Professional III in Hartford, Connecticut
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
Iron Mountain's Asset Lifecycle Management business is seeking an experienced and motivated Global Product Manager.
A recognized market leader, Iron Mountain’s Asset Lifecycle Management (ALM) business offers a unique and exciting combination of small team agility and big company resources.
The Global Product Manager is responsible for product management and/or strategic direction of one or more new and existing products within our Asset Lifecycle Management (ALM) business. Responsibilities include product
design, market segmentation, launch, maintenance, and growth. Serve as subject matter expert on IT Asset Lifecycle Management, circular economy, and possess a high level of technical acumen. Products include worldwide responsibility.
This position represents Iron Mountain to customers, prospects, partners, competitors, and other significant constituencies as well as representing those constituencies within Iron Mountain. This role will take a strong product ownership position and lead the effort to craft the value proposition, features and benefits, understand the marginal contribution, lead operational implementation and
plan the product life cycle for new offers. This individual should have experience with impact positive product development for B2B product or service-based businesses. They will also bring subject matter expertise in areas such as life cycle assessments, circular economy, cradle to cradle thinking, and sustainable business practices. Success will require a desire to drive the overall
strategy for this emerging line of activity within Iron Mountain and strong relationship skills to work effectively with teams across the company
● Responsible for product management of one or more new and existing products and the corresponding artifacts in Iron Mountain’s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
● Broadly understands asset management, particularly hardware and services, and how companies think over the asset’s lifecycle
● Responsible for the product roadmap and/or product positioning which includes creating, updating, and maintaining the marketing materials and supporting campaigns, identifying and selecting marketing opportunities, and developing communication strategies
● Assist/define/establish strategic direction for worldwide product lines consistent with overall LOB strategy and Iron Mountain mission
● Assist/define/establish/achieve all financial and other objectives for the product lines
● Develop and implement products and features to maximize Iron Mountain’s return from targeted markets
● Identify customer needs and market trends and recommend/be responsible for pricing strategies
● Research competitor products and maintain competitive comparisons and evaluations. Gather insights to shape the direction of the product
● Assist/develop product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, and product updates for organizational marketing materials
● Assist/develop/coordinate new idea reviews and recommendations, concept and design development, project management, and market introduction
● Define target markets and segmentation and clarify product commercial potential
● Coordinate with marketing, engineering, research and development, sales, finance, and others to manage projects and ensure overall product success
● Communicate with customers to gain feedback on user product experiences and opportunities
● Prioritize and negotiate to build best possible set of features to be included and developed in the new products
● Perform other duties as assigned
● Typically 4-6 years relevant industry experience including product experience
● IT Hardware / IT Service background preferred, including knowledge of buyers needs
● Lifecycle of managing IT assets
Required Skills and Abilities:
● Solve problems independently and assumes responsibility as appropriate
● Product Development and end-to-end product life cycle management in the product and/or services industries
● Strong executive facilitation skills and experience related to strategy development and problem-solving
● Solid strategic analytical skills (i.e., market and competitive dynamics, business performance).
● Experience in materials management or recycling or circular economy programs and sustainable business programs
● Comfort in a rapidly changing environment with competing and shifting priorities.
● Business analytics competencies
● Highly seasoned project management skills
● Exceptional written and oral communications skills (including presentations), as well as listening and interpretation skills
● Excellent people management skills, with an intense focus on the firm’s culture and values
● Ability to lead and work well in a team environment
● A high degree of professionalism and integrity
● Results and detail-oriented, act with urgency
● Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
● Advanced Degree in Product Management, Technology or MBA preferred
● Certification in Pragmatic Marketing a plus
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE